7 Pillars of Wisdom
I recently heard a sermon at Sanibel Community Church called the 7 Pillars of Wisdom. The sermon principles apply to both our business and personal lives. We all want to gain wisdom, right? Wisdom is available to all of us. It’s a choice as to whether or not we access it. Choosing to just go through life “status quo” will not make us wiser. We must actively choose to gain it.
Think about this as it applies to your life. We each face our own set of challenges, struggles, and successes. By making a conscious effort to make wise decisions and seek God’s wisdom in all that we do, we can all improve.
Here are 7 hacks for gaining wisdom:
- Take action. Make the choice to seek wisdom.
- Leave your old ways.Old patterns and ways of thinking may need to be left behind in order to begin a new journey of learning. Sometimes you just have to willfully decide to stop thinking the way you used to think. (Get rid of stinkin’ thinkin’!)
- Don’t waste time with scoffers. When There are plenty of people who want to hear what you have to say. But on the other hand, there are plenty of people who would love to argue with you. Do not waste your breath on those who do not want to know and grow.
- Be teachable. A righteous man will increase in learning. Admit that you have a lot to learn and submit to those wiser than you. Trust God for guidance along the way.
- Fear God. God’s not Santa Claus in the sky. Respect and revere Him. He holds our eternal destiny, not to mention all of the other things we are dealing with!
- Learn. Actually learn. As NIKE says, “Just Do It!”
- Choose to be wise. Listen and follow the path of wisdom. We choose to be wiser each day. Don’t just accept the status quo. It’s your choice! Take it!